Learning Organisation Framework
AGILE PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
As the world changes, learning and adapting become critical competitive advantages for product organisations.
Transforming a winning strategy into action is an essential learning process for a team. Without an effective strategy learning, process execution will fail. That cycle, of turning policy knowledge into action we call ‘Strategy to Action Cycle.’
As the performance starts, we collect more information, how to adapt to that information? How to learn and change faster than the competitors?
The strategy to action cycles are hard enough to execute on a 12-month cycle, how to make it faster? My approach is different. Together with you, I will create a strategy to the action sequence that will help you regularly adjust the direction, managing the direction of the company on a much shorter cycle.
From top management to execution level and back in 2 months, regularly. As the performance starts, we collect more information, how to adapt to that information? How to learn and change faster than the competitors? The strategy to action cycles are hard enough to execute on a 12-month cycle, how to make it faster? My approach is different.
Together with you, we will create a strategy to the action sequence that will help you regularly adjust the direction, managing the direction of the company on a much shorter cycle. From top management to execution level and back in 2 months, regularly.
- Designing the ‘Strategy to action’ cycle with review and adaptation
- Design and implement portfolio management process that links to the Strategy and execution cycle
- Train management team on agility for strategy and agile portfolio management
- Coach the first ‘Strategy to action’ cycles, practising the process together
- Product management training, including portfolio management as well as how to benefit from agility at the development team level
- Training development teams to provide technical feedback at the portfolio level
- Strategy to Portfolio cycle every 6 months
- Portfolio re-evaluation every 2 months based on actual results (adapt based on progress)
SYSTEMATIC TEAM COACHING
Teams exist to produce results. I have long experience in transforming regular teams into high performing teams. The goal of the group coaching process is to shift the culture at the club level to drive change in the culture as a whole.
The leverage for change begins with a team and then ripples out. We are different than most of the Agile Consultancy companies out there. Scrum, Kanban or any other Agile Methodology is important but before we jump into processes or frameworks we build a proper team.
We use professional Organisational and Relationship System Coaching to achieve the desired results. Our approach identifies the business results the team delivers, after that, we determine the current metrics and improvement goals, and we finalise with the definition of A plan for improving team dynamics that support improved business results. Some specific benefits of our approach:
- Increase revenue
- Faster to market
- Reduce turnover
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness
- More satisfied customers/stakeholders
The return on investment is shown in numerous case studies, on average a team improves 20% in productivity and positivity for projects as shorts as six months.
COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE
It is crucial for companies to create a culture that promotes knowledge transfer within their organisation. This is a pre-requirement for the creation of learning organisations.
A learning organisation is the business term given to a company that facilitates the learning of its members and continuously transforms itself. Communities of Practice are a fundamental part of learning organisations.
Learning organisations have structures that facilitate learning with features such as boundary crossing and openness.
I can help your organisation to establish these practices in a very simple and quick way. Below you can find the three main areas that we tackle.
- Sprint Learning Sessions
- Book Club
- Open Spaces
- Innovation Sprints
- Lunch Talks
- Lightning Talk
- Chapters and Guilds
- Organise Internal MeetUp
- Participate in External MeetUp or Conferences
- Skype Talks with External Speakers
ORGANISATION IMPROVEMENT BOARD
The Organizational Improvement Board is a key part of any organisation that is serious about learning and improving.
We believe that organisations are full of potential improvements, but they lack a way to make those improvements transparent.
This process will enable teams and individuals within the organisation to come up with possible improvements and find ways to improve the whole company. We believe this idea can cause a tremendous impact in organisations. It’s a great tool to enable:
- Continuous Improvement
- Helping managers to finally work within the company system
- And of course, starting the creation of a learning organisation
When you hire me to implement this we will do the following:
- Run a workshop to:
- To discover what are the major problems that are slowing down the company
- Cluster the major problems
- Train personnel in hypothesis-driven development
- Define hypothesis and different options for different problems
- Assign responsible persons and define next steps
- Define a process for your own company
- Help and support middle management with their new role
- Help and support Executive Management in techniques of delegation
- Help and support the Scrum Masters to articulate the problems that are brought to the board
- Help with different ways how to communicate success to the whole company
- Facilitate any necessary meetings until the moment that we are not needed anymore